Welcome to The Early Learning Center (ELC)
at Ohev Shalom of Bucks County!
OPEN HOUSE WEDNESDAY MARCH 18TH 10 – 12
Tour our school, meet our experienced and nurturing teachers, learn about our innovative curriculum and program!
Call 215-322-9583 for more information!
Our preschoolers had so much fun learning about Krav Maga, a form of Israeli martial arts!
The Early Learning Center at Ohev Shalom of Bucks County is…
- an established and respected early learning institution located in Ohev Shalom of Bucks County, a conservative Jewish institution, in Richboro, PA.
- more than just a synagogue pre-school program. Our premier infant center is the only Jewish child care establishment of its kind in Bucks County and the surrounding area. We also have the LOWEST INFANT-TEACHER RATIOS in the area!
- enrollment in our learning center is open year round to infants aged 12 weeks through Kindergarten.
- a flexible program offering both full time and part time schedules plus an option that is geared towards working parents, allowing a child to attend from 7:00am through 6:00pm five days a week (Friday until 5:00pm in observance of Shabbat).
- proud to be DPW certified and a level 2 participant in Keystone Stars, Pennsylvania’s child care quality assurance program.
Our curriculum is…
- based on the research-based model “Creative Curriculum.”
- innovative and comprehensive.
- a framework that helps educators facilitate learning that best meets the needs of their children and families.
- developmentally appropriate.
- flexible, allows teachers to follow the direction of the students by honoring, promoting and fostering creativity.
- this ideology empowers students and teachers to focus on the whole child while empowering social and academic success.
- each age level focuses on topics that are relevant to the lives of our children. All of our levels teach to the Pennsylvania State Standards using unique and creative methods.
- literacy, science, social studies, mathematics, and the arts are part of the everyday culture in the ELC.
- supplementary programs that further enrich our students such as Mad Science, Library and Music.
Jewish identity is fostered through…
- rich, meaningful and Jewish focus on Shabbat, holidays, customs and values.
- the teaching of brachot (blessings) and t’fillot (prayers).
- 20 minute bi-weekly Hebrew-based learning opportunity called Hebrew Through Movement for students in preschool, pre-kindergarten and kindergarten:
- students learn modern Hebrew using total physical response, a technique that focuses on language development and movement.
- being welcomed into the Ohev Shalom synagogue community.
- students with their families always encouraged to actively participate in synagogue activities.
- specific programming geared towards families with young children.
Our learning environment features…
- a newly resurfaced state-of-the-art playground is NHSTA approved and a separate infant and toddler play area.
- areas where children are able to explore and play daily in the outdoor playground areas, weather permitting.
- classrooms that are bright and cheerful.
Our staff is…
- dedicated, experienced, nurturing and qualified educators who help students develop their own uniqueness.
- identified as a community.
- nurturing and welcoming.
- knowledgeable and qualified.
- actively pursuing professional development as required by DPW and Keystone Stars:
- teachers and assistant teachers participate yearly in continuing education workshops, to ensure their knowledge and practice are up-to-date. Workshops are sponsored by the State and Jewish organizations/institutions such as Jewish Learning Venture.
- always encouraging socialization and emotional development and help foster lifelong friendships and relationships.
- proud to be an inclusive community and we encourage differentiated learning opportunities and accommodations in all our classrooms.
- proud to maintain a strong relationship with the Bucks County Intermediate Unit and Early Intervention.
Infant Center – ages 12 weeks through 12 months
Preschoolers – 3 year olds, 4 year olds/PreKindergarten
- Kindergarten and Kindergarten Enrichment
Kindergarten and Kindergarten Enrichment visited the Richboro Shop N’ Bag to shop for items for the ELC’s Thanksgiving Feast and learn about Kosher foods!
We have a very active parent’s organization…
- PTO supports the school, teachers, students and parents.
- Sponsors school-wide programs and fundraising events including hot lunch, book fairs, holiday celebrations and more!
- Valuable resource to the community.
Meet our administrative team…
- Jacquelyn Siegel – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director of the Early Learning Center.
- many years education experience.
- Master’s Degree in Educational Administration and Leadership plus a Bachelor’s Degree in Family Studies with a concentration in Early Childhood Development and Education.
- spent several years in a public school classroom before becoming a Kindergarten teacher in a Jewish setting.
- joined the Ohev Shalom school community in 2011 as the Infant Room Director.
- In 2013 she was named Interim Director and was permanently appointed Director effective July 1, 2014.
- Barbara Glickman – email@example.com
- Assistant Director
- holds a CDA, a BS in Psychology and studied at an accredited MBA program.
- spent seven years in the classroom as a toddler teacher prior to assuming the role of assistant director.
- Barbara is also the ELC’s Hebrew and Creative Movement Specialist.
- Please call our school office at 215-322-9583 or email our administrative assistant Rachel Blum at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pricing is competitive and customized, depending on your child’s schedule.
- We offer year-round care.
- Flexible scheduling for both working and non-working parents.
- Our program is age and developmentally appropriate.
- We are happy to work with you to determine the best fit for you and your child’s needs.
Our school-wide Thanksgiving celebration and feast was amazing! All students, infants through Kindergarten joined together and participated in song and celebration!
Ohev Shalom celebrates the uniqueness of each individual and welcomes diversity within our sacred community.