Welcome to The Early Learning Center (ELC)
at Ohev Shalom of Bucks County!
NOW ENROLLING FOR THE FALL!
For more information about any of our programs, or for a tour, please call
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ELC enjoyed sponsoring a Children’s Story Time at the Newtown Bookshop:
The Early Learning Center at Ohev Shalom of Bucks County is…
- an established and respected early learning institution located in Ohev Shalom of Bucks County, a conservative Jewish institution, in Richboro, PA.
- more than just a synagogue pre-school program. Our premier infant center is the only Jewish child care establishment of its kind in Bucks County and the surrounding area. We also have the LOWEST INFANT-TEACHER RATIOS in the area!
- enrollment in our learning center is open year round to infants aged 12 weeks through Kindergarten
- a flexible program offering both full time and part time schedules plus an option that is geared towards working parents, allowing a child to attend from 7:00am through 6:00pm five days a week (Friday until 5:00pm in observance of Shabbat)
- proud to be DPW certified and a level 2 participant in Keystone Stars, Pennsylvania’s child care quality assurance program.
WE OFFER KINDERGARTEN ENRICHMENT WITH TRANSPORTATION
Click the link below to see our Kindergarten class in action!
Our curriculum is…
- based on the research-based model “Creative Curriculum.”
- innovative and comprehensive.
- a framework that helps educators facilitate learning that best meets the needs of their children and families.
- developmentally appropriate.
- flexible, allows teachers to follow the direction of the students by honoring, promoting and fostering creativity.
- this ideology empowers students and teachers to focus on the whole child while empowering social and academic success.
- each age level focuses on topics that are relevant to the lives of our children. All of our levels teach to the Pennsylvania State Standards using unique and creative methods.
- literacy, science, social studies, mathematics, and the arts are part of the everyday culture in the ELC.
- supplementary programs that further enrich our students such as Mad Science, Library, Music, and special monthly entertainment .
- a variety of after school clubs are offered during our extended late care program
Jewish identity is fostered through…
- rich and meaningful focus on Shabbat, holidays, Jewish customs and values.
- the teaching of brachot (blessings) and t’fillot (prayers).
- 20 minute bi-weekly Hebrew-based learning opportunity called Hebrew Through Movement for students in preschool, pre-kindergarten and kindergarten:
- students learn modern Hebrew using total physical response, a technique that focuses on language development and movement
- being welcomed into the Ohev Shalom synagogue community.
- welcoming ELC families to actively participate in synagogue activities.
- specific programming geared towards families with young children.
CELEBRATING LAG B’OMER!
Our learning environment features…
- a newly resurfaced state-of-the-art playground that is NHSTA approved with separate preschool and older toddler play areas.
- a dedicated infant and young toddler playground
- areas where children are able to explore and play daily in the outdoor playground areas, weather permitting.
- a children’s garden in which we grow fresh fruits and vegetables for snack
- classrooms that are bright and cheerful.
Our staff are…
- dedicated, experienced, and qualified educators who help students develop their own uniqueness.
- a collaborative community of professionals.
- nurturing and welcoming.
- knowledgeable and educated.
- always actively pursuing professional development as required by DPW and Keystone Stars:
- all staff participate throughout the year in continuing education workshops and conferences to ensure their knowledge and practice are up-to-date.
- always encouraging socialization and emotional development that help foster lifelong friendships and relationships.
- proud to maintain strong relationships with the Bucks County Intermediate Unit Staff and Early Intervention Specialists.
- offer inclusive community environments that encourage differentiated learning opportunities and accommodations.
Infant Center – ages 12 weeks through 12 months
- Older Toddlers – 24 – 35 months
- Preschoolers – 3 year olds, 4 year olds/PreKindergarten
- Kindergarten and Kindergarten Enrichment
We have a very active parent’s organization…
- PTO supports the school, teachers, students and parents.
- Sponsors school-wide programs and fundraising events including hot lunch, book fairs, holiday celebrations and more!
- Valuable resource to the community.
Our preschoolers had so much fun learning about Krav Maga, a form of Israeli martial arts!
We offer Creative Movement for all classes!
Meet our administrator:
- Jacquelyn Siegel – email@example.com
- Director of the Early Education at the Learning Center.
- 30+ years experience in the field of Early Education.
- Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership and Administration; Bachelor’s Degree in Family Studies with a concentration in Early Childhood Development and Education.
- has worked in public, private, corporate and Jewish Day School settings, as a classroom teacher and an administrator
- joined the Ohev Shalom school community in 2011 as the Infant Center Director.
- has served as Director of Early Education since 2013
- Please call our school office at 215-322-9583 or email our administrative assistant Katie Brennan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pricing is competitive and customized, depending on your child’s schedule.
- We offer year-round care.
- Flexible scheduling for both working and non-working parents.
- Our program is age and developmentally appropriate.
- We are happy to work with you to determine the best fit for you and your child’s needs.
Ohev Shalom celebrates the uniqueness of each individual and welcomes diversity within our sacred community.
For more information about any of
The Early Learning Center’s programs, please call
215-322-9583 or email email@example.com.