Welcome to The Early Learning Center (ELC)
at Ohev Shalom of Bucks County!
NOW ENROLLING FOR THE FALL!
For more information about any of our programs, or for a tour, please call
or email email@example.com.
The ELC enjoyed sponsoring a Children’s Story Time at the Newtown Bookshop:
The Early Learning Center at Ohev Shalom of Bucks County is…
- an established and respected early learning institution located in Ohev Shalom of Bucks County, a conservative Jewish institution, in Richboro, PA.
- more than just a synagogue pre-school program. Our premier infant center is the only Jewish child care establishment of its kind in Bucks County and the surrounding area. We also have the LOWEST INFANT-TEACHER RATIOS in the area!
- enrollment in our learning center is open year round to infants aged 12 weeks through Kindergarten
- a flexible program offering both full time and part time schedules plus an option that is geared towards working parents, allowing a child to attend from 7:00am through 6:00pm five days a week (Friday until 5:00pm in observance of Shabbat)
- proud to be DPW certified and a level 2 participant in Keystone Stars, Pennsylvania’s child care quality assurance program.
WE OFFER FULL-DAY KINDERGARTEN AND KINDERGARTEN ENRICHMENT WITH TRANSPORTATION
Click the link below to see our Kindergarten class in action!
Our curriculum is…
- based on the research-based model “Creative Curriculum.”
- innovative and comprehensive.
- a framework that helps educators facilitate learning that best meets the needs of their children and families.
- developmentally appropriate.
- flexible, allows teachers to follow the direction of the students by honoring, promoting and fostering creativity.
- this ideology empowers students and teachers to focus on the whole child while empowering social and academic success.
- each age level focuses on topics that are relevant to the lives of our children. All of our levels teach to the Pennsylvania State Standards using unique and creative methods.
- literacy, science, social studies, mathematics, and the arts are part of the everyday culture in the ELC.
- supplementary programs that further enrich our students such as Mad Science, Library and Music.
Jewish identity is fostered through…
- rich, meaningful and Jewish focus on Shabbat, holidays, customs and values.
- the teaching of brachot (blessings) and t’fillot (prayers).
- 20 minute bi-weekly Hebrew-based learning opportunity called Hebrew Through Movement for students in preschool, pre-kindergarten and kindergarten:
- students learn modern Hebrew using total physical response, a technique that focuses on language development and movement
- being welcomed into the Ohev Shalom synagogue community.
- students with their families always encouraged to actively participate in synagogue activities.
- specific programming geared towards families with young children.
CELEBRATING LAG B’OMER!
Our learning environment features…
- a newly resurfaced state-of-the-art playground is NHSTA approved and a seperate infant and toddler play area.
- areas where children are able to explore and play daily in the outdoor playground areas, weather permitting.
- classrooms that are bright and cheerful.
Our staff is…
- dedicated, experienced, nurturing and qualified educators who help students develop their own uniqueness.
- identified as a community.
- nurturing and welcoming.
- knowledgeable and qualified.
- actively pursuing professional development as required by DPW and Keystone Stars:
- teachers and assistant teachers participate yearly in continuing education workshops, to ensure their knowledge and practice are up-to-date. Workshops are sponsored by the State and Jewish organizations/institutions such as Jewish Learning Venture.
- always encouraging socialization and emotional development and help foster lifelong friendships and relationships.
- proud to be an inclusive community and we encourage differentiated learning opportunities and accommodations in all our classrooms.
- proud to maintain a strong relationship with the Bucks County Intermediate Unit and Early Intervention.
Infant Center – ages 12 weeks through 12 months
- Older Toddlers – 24 – 35 months
- Preschoolers – 3 year olds, 4 year olds/PreKindergarten
- Kindergarten and Kindergarten Enrichment
We have a very active parent’s organization…
- PTO supports the school, teachers, students and parents.
- Sponsors school-wide programs and fundraising events including hot lunch, book fairs, holiday celebrations and more!
- Valuable resource to the community.
Our preschoolers had so much fun learning about Krav Maga, a form of Israeli martial arts!
We offer Creative Movement for all classes!
Meet our administrator:
- Jacquelyn Siegel – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director of the Early Learning Center.
- 30+ years experience in the field of Education.
- Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership and Administration; Bachelor’s Degree in Family Studies with a concentration in Early Childhood Development and Education.
- has worked in public, private, corporate and Jewish Day School settings, as a classroom teacher and an administrator
- joined the Ohev Shalom school community in 2011 as the Infant Center Director.
- has served as Director of Early Education since 2013
- Please call our school office at 215-322-9583 or email our administrative assistant Katie Brennan at email@example.com.
- Pricing is competitive and customized, depending on your child’s schedule.
- We offer year-round care.
- Flexible scheduling for both working and non-working parents.
- Our program is age and developmentally appropriate.
- We are happy to work with you to determine the best fit for you and your child’s needs.