We are so excited to start the school year with the FELS partnership.
Coming to Ohev Shalom on August 29th
Welcome to The Early Learning Center (ELC)
at Ohev Shalom of Bucks County!
NOW ENROLLING FOR THE FALL!
For more information about any of our programs, or for a tour, please call
or email email@example.com
The Early Learning Center at Ohev Shalom of Bucks County is…
- an established and respected early learning institution located in Ohev Shalom of Bucks County, a conservative Jewish institution, in Richboro, PA.
- more than just a synagogue pre-school program. Our premier infant center is a long standing Jewish child care establishment of its kind in Bucks County and the surrounding area.
- open year round to infants aged 6 weeks through children in Kindergarten (Enrichment only)
- a flexible program offering both full time and part time schedules allowing a child to attend from 7:00am through 6:00pm five days a week.
- proud to be DHS certified and a level 2 participant in Keystone Stars, Pennsylvania’s child care quality assurance program.
Our curriculum is…
- innovative and comprehensive.
- modeled after research based Creative Curriculum
- a framework that helps educators facilitate learning that best meets the needs of their children and families.
- developmentally appropriate.
- flexible, allows teachers to follow the direction of the students by honoring, promoting and fostering creativity.
- this ideology empowers students and teachers to focus on the whole child while empowering social and academic success.
- each age level focuses on topics that are relevant to the lives of our children. All of our levels teach to the Pennsylvania State Standards using unique and creative methods.
- literacy, science, social studies, mathematics, and the arts are part of the everyday culture in the ELC.
- supplementary programs that further enrich our students such as “Mad Science,” Library, Music, and special monthly entertainment .
Jewish identity is fostered through…
- rich and meaningful focus on Shabbat, holidays, Jewish customs and values.
- the teaching of brachot (blessings) and t’fillot (prayers).
- 20 minute bi-weekly Hebrew-based learning opportunity called Hebrew Through Movement for students in preschool and pre-kindergarten:
- students learn modern Hebrew using total physical response, a technique that focuses on language development and movement
- being welcomed into the Ohev Shalom synagogue community.
- welcoming ELC families to actively participate in synagogue activities.
- specific programming geared towards families with young children.
Hanukkah in the Infant Center
Wonderful Wednesday with Miss YoYo
Our learning environment features…
- a newly resurfaced state-of-the-art playground that is NHSTA approved with separate preschool and older toddler play areas.
- a dedicated infant and young toddler playground
- areas where children are able to explore and play daily in the outdoor playground areas, weather permitting.
- a children’s garden in which we grow fresh fruits and vegetables for snack
- classrooms that are bright and cheerful.
Our staff are…
- dedicated, experienced, and qualified educators who help students develop their own uniqueness.
- a collaborative community of professionals.
- nurturing and welcoming.
- knowledgeable and educated.
- always actively pursuing professional development as required by DPW and Keystone Stars:
- all staff participate throughout the year in continuing education workshops and conferences to ensure their knowledge and practice are up-to-date.
- always encouraging socialization and emotional development that help foster lifelong friendships and relationships.
- proud to maintain strong relationships with the Bucks County Intermediate Unit Staff and Early Intervention Specialists.
- offer inclusive community environments that encourage differentiated learning opportunities and accommodations.
Infant Center – ages 6 weeks through 12 months
- Young Toddlers – ages 13 – 23 months
- Older Toddlers – 24 – 35 months
- Preschoolers – 3 year olds
- Pre-Kindergarten – 4 year olds
- Kindergarten Enrichment - children 5 and 6 years of age who are enrolled in a half day Kindergarten program come to the ELC in the afternoon. We offer transportation for these children as well!
We have a very active parent’s organization…
- PTO supports the school, teachers, students and parents.
- Sponsors school-wide programs and fundraising events including hot lunch, book fairs, holiday celebrations and more!
- Valuable resource to the community.
Our preschoolers had a Pajama Day, and learned all about hibernation!
We offer Creative Movement for all classes!
Meet our staff:
- Susan Garber - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director at the Early Learning Center at Ohev Shalom
- With the ELC since January of 2015
- Ronit Palatnik – email@example.com
- Office Administrator at the Early Learning Center at Ohev Shalom
- With the ELC since March of 2015
Ohev Shalom celebrates the uniqueness of each individual and welcomes diversity within our sacred community.
For more information about any of
The Early Learning Center’s programs, please call
215-322-9583 X121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.